Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hello!!


Hello!

I am new to San Francisco and for several months have been thinking of trying this blog thing. Well, here I am! I am single in the city and wanted somewhere to express my adventures, frustrations and general musings about being a single 30 something in San Francisco.

Let me start with how difficult it can be to make girlfriends! I have been a nomad these past ten years, bouncing from one side of the country to another in search of "what I wanted to be when I grow up." I have lived in some amazing cities, and made wonderful friends, but with each move, it gets harder and harder to find a group of friends! Also, sometimes I feel like I have enough friends, not that I don't need them, but I have so many wonderful people in my life, all over the country, it can be hard to keep up with everything, and the idea of adding in more, can be slightly overwhelming, does anyone agree?

Girlfriends are tough, but so is dating. There seem to be a lot of men in this city, but I'm not going to place myself on the corner bar stool in hopes of meeting them.....also, what is the new rule that everyone has to go out as couples? I have met some great women, but if they are in a relationship, and I obviously am not, it is difficult to take the friendship to the next level because you can't do the token double date.

These are some of the dilemma's I am facing in this city. Today I have a "girl date." Ladies, you know what I mean, you meet a new woman, and you have to schedule "dates" as you start to become friends. Fingers crossed that this "date" goes well, I am in need of a girlfriend!


No comments:

Post a Comment